[themes] User info in blocks

Progga proggaprogga at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 22:58:25 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 04:08:16PM -0600, Tony Yarusso wrote:

> Ah, okay.  That worked, but only partially.  I now have things displaying
> okay when looking at any individual blog post (ie,
> 'blog/tony/2008/01/31/converted-site-drupal'), but not on the main blog
> pages ('blog', 'blog/tony', etc.).  Apparently this is because those are
> "views", not nodes, but I'm not really sure how to interact with a view
> now.  To make things more complicated, it only makes sense to display this
> stuff when everything belongs to the same user, so 'blog/tony' should show
> the block, but not just 'blog'.

Have you looked into the "Page specific visibility settings" for this particular
block's configuration page?  You can goto this configuration page by clicking
the "configure" link next to the block's name in admin/build/block.

The description under this settings says:
Enter one page per line as Drupal paths. The '*' character is a wildcard. Example paths are blog for the blog page and blog/* for every personal blog. <front> is the front page. If the PHP-mode is chosen, enter PHP code between <?php ?>. Note that executing incorrect PHP-code can break your Drupal site.