[themes] Subsection links

Tony Yarusso tonyyarusso at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 05:28:29 UTC 2008

Hi, I'm looking for a way to split up the navigation portion of a site in
Drupal, to match the current static site.  However, I don't know enough
about the inner workings of the menu system to know the best way to approach
it.  The way it is statically, there is a high-level menu with links to 6
sections of the site.  Below that whole chunk, listed completely separately,
are the links to the different pages within the current section.  You can
see what I mean at http://www.stmichaelselca.org/edu_senior_high.html, on
the left.  How would I go about accessing those two separate pieces, for
putting them into a theme?  I'm not really familiar with all of the page
variables available yet, but I don't think I've seen anything yet that quite
addresses this case.  (While we're at it, I need to know how to assign a
class to both the current section and the current page within the section,
as they are styled differently.)

--
Tony Yarusso
http://tonyyarusso.com/