[themes] Modules extending themes functionality

Marek Sotak marek at sotak.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 18:58:25 UTC 2008

Hi,
I am working on a theme, which needs a module to extend its functionality (
ajax callbacks, etc... -> http://sotak.co.uk/drupal-admin-theme-vol-1 )

I wonder what would be the best practice, how to give this module to users.
Should I create a new project on d.o. in contrb/modules and put the module
here and write into themes README file that you need to download and install
it? Or should I commit it under theme's directory?

Won't it be nice if drupal could look into themes directory too to check if
there are some modules inside the themes so it can stay packed together? :)
Maybe new line in .info file which will specify type of contribution? eg.
module/theme

marek

--
Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and

http://sotak.co.uk