[themes] Autogenerated Lists

Miles Rout miles.rout at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 09:15:01 UTC 2010

Hi.

I am Miles Rout, and I'm currently converting a static HTML theme to a
drupal theme. I've been wondering about the use of:

<?php print theme('links', $primary_links, array('class' => 'links
primary-links')) ?> and <?php print theme('links', $secondary_links,
array('class' => 'links secondary-links')) ?>

When I use these, should I need to change my CSS?  Do they output the list
in a funny way? Why is this using a theme(); function when they could just
be <?php print $primary_links ?> or something like that? Or alternatively,
why isn't the page_title something like <?php print theme('title',
$page_title, array('class' => 'title page-title')) ?>  ?

Thanks,
Miles