[themes] Autogenerated Lists

Nat Meysenburg nat at openflows.com
Fri Aug 13 22:27:00 UTC 2010

On 08/13/2010 05:55 PM, Miles Rout wrote:
> Thanks, so that means that using theme functions will format your links,
> etc., if someone has written a function for that? How do you override that?
> When you're naming the function in the template.php file, do you write
> nameofmytheme_links or do you just write theme_links? Because when you
> install modules etc. it warns me that I can't have two functions named the
> same, which makes me tend to thing that it would be the first option...

There are two ways to name the function. The first, and probably safest
(for the reasons you already mentioned), is have the first line look like:

function themename_links($links, $attributes = array('class' => 'links'))

The second way that works is a generic call to phptemplate_themes, like so:

function phptemplate_links($links, $attributes = array('class' => 'links'))

Hope that helps,
~~nat