[themes] Views exposed filters based on url

Lisa Sawin lisa at lisasawin.com
Mon Aug 30 12:29:25 UTC 2010

On Aug 28, 2010, at 2:13 PM, kapil dixit wrote:

>        I would like to know how can i print a particular exposed
> filter based on page url. For details of my problem visit following
> at drupal.org forum.   http://drupal.org/node/893390

I'm not an expert, but here's how I would set this up.

I read the further details on the post you link to.  I can't quite
tell, but I'm guessing that you have one Page in this view, with an
argument for each category.  That's how I think you're getting the
four URLs, example.com/A, example.com/B, etc.  If that's correct, I
would suggest instead splitting this into four separate Pages, each
with a filter to only grab items in category A or B, etc and with a
URL to match the category.  Then, give each Page the correct exposed
filter, ie the page example.com/A listing items in category A will get
the Taxonomy-A exposed filter.

If you set up your default properly, it's easy to create the 4
separate Page views.

Lisa

Lisa Sawin
lisa at lisasawin.com