[themes] Timed image and text display

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Sat Jul 3 06:58:59 UTC 2010

Hi all.
I really need to display a number of images of the same dimensions on
the main page, each image should remain for n seconds then be replaced
by another from the database.

I also need to display some text over the image and change that every n
seconds.
Is there a module that permits display of images sequentially or
selected at random from the database?
Is there a module that permits timed text quotes on a page?, once again
random or sequential.

Failing this can someone point me to some php code that I could modify
for the above.
It's years since I used php so the whole thing is a significant learning
curve.

Many thanks
Roger