[themes] IE7 + sticky footer + Navigation = problems

brendan, fresh-off.com hello at fresh-off.com
Tue Mar 2 23:45:55 UTC 2010

I don't know Tony.  unless I've made a typo somewhere, the .clearfix code
hasn't been altered from the original source @
http://www.cssstickyfooter.com/.

Here it is:

/* CLEAR FIX*/

.clearfix:after {content: ".";

     display: block;

     height: 0;

     clear: both;

     visibility: hidden;}

.clearfix {display: inline-block;}

/* Hides from IE-mac \*/

* html .clearfix { height: 1%;}

.clearfix {display: block;}

/* End hide from IE-mac */

Taking out the padding in #navigation-div seems to work in all my test
browsers (IE 7/8, FF, Opera, Safari and Chrome).  The future plans for
#navigation-div are to float the navigation links to the right, use image
replacement with the site name to insert a logo, and probably add a
background image to then entire div.

I still don't really  have a good solution for vertically placing elements
inside  of #navigation-div .  Both elements I need to place are links, and
if vertical padding is applied to either the elements or the div itself, the
footer starts jumping again.  =(