[themes] Drupal themes problem

Brian Choc bchoc at t4tcolorado.org
Tue Mar 9 02:11:40 UTC 2010

I'll give a few replies to a few pieces here.

First, things like displaying post date and author can be easily turned off
by going to /admin/build/themes/settings and selecting which node types
should have post information displayed.  Buttons like "edit" are only
displayed for users with proper permissions via the $tabs variable.

>From what I gather from your post, I'm not sure you're not differentiating
well the node from the page.  Regions (added in the .info file as well as
the page template file) are the largest containers for major sections of the
site.

The blocks admin page uses the regular site theme not the admin theme
because you need to see where blocks will go on the site.  This is by
design.

Messing with the stock themes is OK for learning, but it sounds like you're
trying to rip out all the theming and build what you want from scratch,
basically; for this you'll be better off using a "starter" theme such as Zen
(among others) which are designed to be modified.  Also, in Zen  the files
are commented heavily to explain what the different variables and whatnot
do.

I hope that helps a bit,
Brian