[themes] How much php knowledge required?

Tomasz Kisielewski tom.kisielewski at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 16 13:02:13 UTC 2010

Hi
This book is good, video tutorial try lynda.com drupal creating customs
themes. Other videos are made by lullabot, but not so well organized. Video
tutorial by lynda id for the beginners, well organized a very clear. U don't
have to be PHP guru to create theme for customers requirements, like simple
one, just understand basic is OK. U have to be familiar with PHP if comes to
module development.Have a look at drupal files page.tpl.php, node.tpl.php,
block.tpl.php there are variables with some short description to give U idea
what going on. Check drupals tutorial on the web and good luck.