[themes] Theming Nice Menus with Graphics

Holly Ferree hferree at gmail.com
Fri May 7 04:55:44 UTC 2010

Well, if I read this correctly.....it is late....
-------

Oh, I just did this!!! RUN AWAY!!!..... But if you can¹t, check out the
coding for http://www.ecpcentre.com/philosophy.php

I believe it was nice menus (which I¹ve had css trouble with subthemes using
blueprint for one site and went with superfish)...

The secret is to hand code the css (or that was the easiest solution for
me)...then it was playing with the indent for the primary links so that it
showed only the graphic...then the child links where resetting the indent
needed. I even got a nice rollover image effect. (client had to have it look
exactly like the old site which used images for the dropdown)...

Good Luck. Hope that helps.

Holly

On 5/7/10 12:47 AM, "Rebecca Macaulay" <remacaulay at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> We are using "nice menus" with a background graphic and want the graphic to
> only show up on the top horizontal bar and not the child dropdown lists. The
> horizontal list looks great, however on the dropdowns the parent graphic is
> being repeated rather than showing the secondary links normally.
>
> The code we are using is from this DRUPAL discussion:
> http://www.drupal.org/comment/reply/209989#comment-form
>
> FYI: using core 6.16 and Nice Menus 6.x-1.3
>
> Does anyone know how to override this dropdown issue?
>
> Many thanks for your help
>

> Rebecca

Holly Ferree, Graphic Designer, BFA
813.786.0852