[themes] Theme where text is read-only

Bert Van Kets mailing at vankets.com
Thu Dec 8 20:11:19 UTC 2011

Your request i contrary to the whole concept of the internet but there
are only a few ways to approximate what you need:
- Create an image containing the texts. This image can still be
converted to text using OCR software. The images would be pretty big too.
- Put your content in a Flash object. An average user can not simply
copy the texts, but a decompiler can still make the texts available to
the user.
- Create a Java applet and present the text. Again, a decompiler can
make the text available.

There is ALWAYS a way to get the text out of a web page. Worst case, a
user can create a screen dump of the text on the screen and run that
through an OCR application.
You can make the texts difficult to copy for the average user, but it is
totally impossible to show texts on a user's screen and be 100% sure
he/she can not get access to those texts.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I guess you need to change your stance.
Start from the fact that your texts WILL be copied, no matter what you
do and defend against that. Make copyright statements very visible and
get a system to regularly check the net for copies of your text. If you
think it's worth your hassle, use the techniques described above on top
of this.

Bert