[themes] Overriding zone etc. templates for specific content types in D7

Info Razor inforazor at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 05:32:31 UTC 2013

Hi Jeff,

Not sure what you mean by "zone template" (referring to Omega theme maybe?) but if all you want to do is to make a template for a Node, the format is:

node-{NAME}.tpl.php

where {NAME} is the *machine* name for your content type.

You can also find out the template suggested names by using the module devel_themer, and then clicking on the content type you are interested in. It will suggest functions in template.php and/or template names you can use, based on what you select.

make sure to turn off devel_themer after you need it though cause it does mess up other regular stuff (its a bit of a hog-bug)

there are other techniques to engineer the template names, but this should get you started.

Good luck!

rgds,

datarazor

--