[themes] BEM compatible themes

'lesleyb' lesleyb at herlug.org.uk
Mon Oct 6 13:11:05 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 05, 2014 at 09:19:27PM -0400, Jerome Covington wrote:
> Does anybody know of any work that has been done to create responsive
> Drupal 7 themes that follow the BEM specification?
>
> https://bem.info/method/
>
> I have used the method in a non-Drupal mobile website implementation and am
> interested in partnering with other interested parties to get to work on
> developing a new theme or enhancing existing work that has already been
> done.

Hi Jerome

I've not heard of BEM before ... just looking at it now.

Wikipedia has this to say on it :
Block, element, modifier, a method for CSS writing [1]

but there's no page in wikipedia on it. (Maybe we should start one?)

I've also found an article dating back to 2012 in Smashing Magazine[2]

My first question is where is this in relation to SASS?

Kind regards

Lesley

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BEM
[2] http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2012/04/16/a-new-front-end-methodology-bem/