[translations] using localized installer

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Sun Dec 17 14:49:18 UTC 2006

Hi Fabio,

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006, Fabio Varesano wrote:
> I just finished translating intaller.po into italian.
> How can I using it with the new installer (install.php)?
>
> I think that having localized installer means that .po
> files will be included into the Drupal core.. or not?
>
> I had a fast look at the handbook and on the .txt files
> but not found informations about it.

For whatever reason, the INSTALL.txt does not include documentation on how
to translate the installer. These language PO files will not get included
in default Drupal downloads. You can instruct your users to place
languagename.po files into the install profile folder. Eg, in case of an
Italian translation, put the file into /profiles/default/it.po This
instruction should get included in the INSTALL.txt of Drupal of course.

Gabor