[translations] please debug autolocale - batch imports

Jakub Suchy jakub at rtfm.cz
Mon Apr 2 23:17:57 UTC 2007

Hi,
i am trying to do something about batch operations with autolocale for
drupal 6.x-dev.
Nowadays, i have somehow working module, which does something, but has
one big bug and tons of needed tweaks.

Please test this.
This is related to: http://drupal.org/node/127539 - progressive
operations in Drupal which we need for autolocale.

You can find my version of Autolocale here:
http://sestka.drupal.cz/modules/autolocale/autolocale.install.phps
http://sestka.drupal.cz/modules/autolocale/autolocale.phps

I am not making this as a patch to autolocale yet, because it's not
ready (It's hell not ready. It's a proof of concept). There are too many
bad paths, notices, strange things.  My autolocale is little bit updated
for 6.x (working menu, skipping duplicate checks for development phase.
You can find it under site building -> automatic import.

Try putting some .po to modules/system/po/system-module.LANGCODE.po and
then try importing. It works. But when importing many files, it just
don't import anything. But _locale_import_read_po() is called and it
opens all needed files.

Please note that:
1) Menu is somehow cached in 6.x. You will not see changes after
importing in menu. Look for some hook_help() texts to see if import was
succesful
2) batch operation writes "0 processed" after doing the work.
everytime...

Jakub