[translations] Where is this translation problem?

Konstantin Käfer kkaefer at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 13:04:13 UTC 2007

On 21.04.2007, at 14:46, Miguel Duarte wrote:

> There are some expressions we translated, with the latest "pot" files,
> and on the 5.1 they are appearing in English.

The problem is by design: When you install Drupal, these strings are
inserted in the database. They are wrapped in t() (or st()), but
since you don't have a translation at install time, the english
strings are written to the database. You can solve this problem by
renaming the "installer.po" from your translation tarball to "es.po"
or "de.po" and copying it to /profiles/default". The Drupal installer
then prompts you with a language selection prior to the installation.

Konstantin