[translations] Auto locale

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Sun Jan 14 15:12:08 UTC 2007

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007, Jakub Suchy wrote:
> btw. are you going to distribute hu-5.0.tar.gz as this package or
> complete drupal-hu-5.0.tar.gz with all files included?
>
> As I understand now, the process of installation for Hungarian Drupal
> will be:
> - Download drupal-5.0.tar.gz
> - Download hu-5.0.tar.gz
>
> Untar both and copy hu-5.0 to drupal folder

This is the process. And this is why there should not be any subfolders in
there in hu-5.0.tar.gz.

> I was going to do it second way and include drupal, but your way of
> creating a package is really amazing. You can even include some modules
> in it and it will not require packagers to recreate package every time
> Drupal releases a bugfix version...

Yes, the idea is that we can provide language specific modules in there.
Like we are interested in providing a Hungarian date format module, which
would form_alter() the date settings and allow for truly Hungarian date
formats to set. Or there is a free webhosting company here, which needs
an extra email header, and we can add that as a setting in Drupal 5
because of advances in the mail handling code.

The idea is that you can distribute the language file and the Drupal core
tarball separately.

Why don't we do these discussions on the tarnslations mailing list? Lets
energize this conversation there! Lets keep the community connected! (I
poested this to the mailing list).

Gabor