[translations] autolocale automatic installation

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Wed Jan 17 19:16:43 UTC 2007

Hi,

Jakub Suchy wrote:
> Hi,
> the #1 question regarding translating Drupal 5.0 using installation
> profiles is:
>
>> And why do you say 100% is translated? I enabled blog module and it is
>> not.
>
> Is there a way to hook into blog.install (for example) and perform
> AUTOMATIC import of translation, using auto locale module? So user will
> not have to run Administer -> Locale -> Auto Import ?
>
> I think this is the way we should focus now.

Indeed. I tried to get in a patch to Drupal 5 to support our
implementation of these kind of features, but it was too late in the
cycle, so it was rejected. We either need to duplicate the functionality
from the module and theme admin pages, or we need to stick in two submit
callbacks to the forms, one that runs early, and one that runs last, so
we can see, what was changed in the database about modules
(enabled/disabled/installed) and themes (enabled/disabled). That way, we
can stick our process into the enable/disable flow.

As far as I see know, adding a pre-submit and a post-submit callback is
the better way to go, as it involves less core code duplication (but
more database magic).

Gabor