[translations] answer to: "why aren't my translations being packaged?"

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Fri Jan 26 19:14:24 UTC 2007

hello translators (and the infrastructure maintainers who might be
asked to help them),

the packaging script for the new release system does a lot of special-
case processing for translations.  if there are any problems with
your .po files, your releases will just not get rebuilt or published.
unfortunately, the error propagation is basically non-existent.  this
has already led to a lot of confusion.

i have plans to fix all of this, but i have no time to implement all
of these ideas in the near future:

http://drupal.org/node/109181
http://drupal.org/node/111323

until those issues are implemented and installed, i wrote up some
instructions on how to replicate the work the packaging script is
doing, so you can see where and why it's failing:

http://drupal.org/node/109181#comment-185545

sorry i can't promise more help than that right now, but hopefully
that will be enough to help people deal with this problem in the mean
time.

cheers,
-derek

p.s. perhaps someone wants to take these instructions and put them in
a translator's handbook page somewhere?  that'd be very kind of
you. ;)  or, at least find me the appropriate place to put it, and
i'll add the page.  thanks!