[translations] test translation runs on Drupal 6, uncovered some issues

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Mon Nov 5 16:43:19 UTC 2007

Hey,

Earlier this week, I had long flights and found out it would be fun to
try out some test translation runs on Drupal 6 source strings. While
the translation server is not yet ready for consumption unfortunately,
there is still stuff to fix in Drupal 6 to make it easier (in some
cases possible) to translate.

I would urge anyone doing test tries on translation to submit issues
they find. Beware through, that the Drupal 6 strings are still not
frozen and we are fixing bugs like these which modify strings
considerably, so starting a "final" Drupal 6 translation now is not
yet a good idea.

Bugs I noted and would love to get your comments there:

  http://drupal.org/node/189495 (a pretty simple aggregator issue but
needs reviews!)
  http://drupal.org/node/189388 (help glossary is very outdated)
  http://drupal.org/node/189395 (security issues in PHP module help -
also making it easier to translate in smaller chunks)

If people are interested in tips on doing test translation runs to
find such bugs, I can help with some tips on how did I reuse the D5
translations, although the D6 translations are now broken out to lots
of smaller files. (Command line tools required).

Gabor