[translations] Notice before an upcoming module release

Vasileios Lourdas drupal at lourdas.name
Tue Apr 15 15:38:24 UTC 2008

Hi,

I was thinking if it would be a good idea to make some sort of an announcement
before an upcoming module release. This announcement would be some sort of a
notice that targets the translation contributors and it would actually tell
them that "Hey, in April 18th, a new version of the Foo module is expected,
go ahead and update the translation for your language and either attach it in
the project issue queue or commit it directly in the cvs (provided that you
have an account).". So, as one understands, this would be some kind of
a "warning" for translators to update their contributed translation for the
latest version, so when the new version is released, the package would
include the updated translation. Of course, there would be no obligation for
either the module maintainer to keep up with his announced schedule or the
contributor himself. It would be just a notice, that could be sent in the
current list.

I recall that this had happened in the past for the update_status module of
the 5.x branch, before the release of Drupal 6 and I think it was a nice
idea, because I had the time to contribute the translation for my language,
before its official release.

What do you think?
--
# Vasileios Lourdas,
# Informatics Engineer, Thessaloniki (Greece)