[translations] About packaging of translations.

Jose A. Reyero drupal at reyero.net
Wed Feb 27 12:13:04 UTC 2008

Hello,

It seems I've finally got the Spanish translation package right, from
the l10n server export :-)
(Thanks Gabor)

Now I was thinking how cool it would be to have a downloadable
"Drupal-Spanish" package that included Drupal 6.0 + the translation.

So is there any plan/any chance for having the packaging scripts
producing both packages, a Drupal + translation and one with the
translation alone?

For now, I think I'll do it manually and make it available on the Drupal
Spanish site (http://drupal.org.es). However I'd like to know if someone
else is doing such thing for other languages and how was the experience.
I think maybe the downside of it is that you need to be upgrading the
package with the new future core versions with security fixes ASAP for
not letting the users at risk...

Best,

Jose A. Reyero