[translations] D6 core translations are not yet ready to be released

Konstantin Käfer kkaefer at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 21:02:46 UTC 2008

Hi,

while I agree that the directions in the readme file ultimately say
that you should not create filename.xx.po files, they are still
somewhat confusing. I was a bit unsure about what to do in the first
place as well. Maybe we should add a sentence like "The translation
files in the repository have to be named "general.po", "themes-
garland.po" etc. They will be automatically renamed upon packaging the
translation."

The xx translation is indeed a translation created to test the Drupal
UI for untranslatable strings. I used this technique for both the D5
and D6 release to find bugs in the translation. (http://groups.drupal.org/node/7843
  is the post for D6 issues).

Konstantin Käfer -- http://kkaefer.com/