[translations] Problems with translations (beginner)

Dalia Kumpiluvelil kumpiluvelil at iik-duesseldorf.de
Thu Jan 24 13:37:38 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I am trying to translate phrases from English into German, but I have some
problems with particular strings.

There are two major problems:

1. Strings are already translated into German but not displayed on the
website in spite of correct language settings or 2. I cannot find them at
all in Poedit.

Furthermore I have a question regarding the strings attached with "@"; can
you just overwrite them or should variables like @buddy stay out of other
reasons? And what should I do with variables with "%" and "!"?

Also, It would be helpful to know where a string is being used. The
"reference node/add/page" doesn't help too much tp find out where the
translation appears (especially, if there are two locations of a string),
and there are lots of double entries like "buddy of/Buddy of" etc.

Any hints and tipps are highly appreciated!

best regards,

Dalia

Already translated in Poedit, but not shown on the site:

-Invite your friends and colleagues.

-Points

-Enter the URL to use for this view in the form of 'dir/dir'. Do not begin
or end the URL with a /. Example: 'view/tracker'. This is required if
providing a page view. You can also add $arg as a placeholder for arguments
passed in the URL, for example 'user/$arg/tracker' or 'view/taxonomy/$arg'.

Note that any arguments listed here will be required, even if they are
listed as optional below.  You do not need to list arguments at the end of
the path

-Description

-Subscribers

-Subscribe

-Recent posts

-user points

Not found in Poedit:

-------------------

-You currently do not have any pending Freund requests from other users.

-You do not have any pending Freund requests that you have made.

-To organize your Freunde into groups, visit the edit <
<http://iik-forum.de/buddylist/6/buddies/groups/edit>
http://iik-forum.de/buddylist/6/buddies/groups/edit>  groups page

-You don't have any groups defined.

-No groups found

-Groups are a way to keep your Freunde organized. Groups can be named
whatever you like

-Add new groups

-authentical user

-Groups are a way to keep your Freunde organized. Groups can be named
whatever you like.

-Search for a group by name.

-No subscribed groups

-There are no new posts in your subscribed groups.

-Unread posts in my groups

-my recent

-my unread