[translations] Drupal 7 on l.d.o

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Fri Dec 11 08:43:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Erik Stielstra <info at erikstielstra.nl> wrote:
> The Drupal 7 string freeze was announced to take place on December 1st. But I still significant text patches float into core [1]. But the good news is that this seems to be related to the help section. How do other translators feel about starting translating D7?

Well, in http://drupal.org/node/619258 the November 15th deadline for
the previous stage of core development was pushed to December 1st, so
I bet the December 1st deadline would not hold either. I have not seen
an update from Dries for that, so we should ping him with this
question (cc-ed).

> To support the D7 translation it would be very usefull to have D7 core (dev release) already available on localize.drupal.org. It would be super if this could be done on short term we have a translation session during the Belgium Drupal meeting on saturday Dec. 12. I don't want to push you Gabor, but if you have a minute ... ;)

Any project release will be automatically available on
localize.drupal.org once it is not a -dev release. Dev releases are
repackaged every day, so localize.drupal.org will not parse them.
Drupal 7 does not yet have an alpha/beta or RC release. One was
expected after the string/API freeze.

Gábor