[translations] Same string, different translations?

Jim Li jimmydami at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 17:16:42 UTC 2009

Is there a way to give same word different translations, depends on context
e.g. if the string comes from different modules or display on different
pages?

A problem we have is how to translate string 'view' or 'views'. They
apparently have different meanings when used as a generic verb/noun, as
opposed to used in views.module. I think this problem has always been there,
but has been more obvious over time, with more and more strings from contrib
modules are added. Is there a way to solve it in d6, or can anybody point me
to an existing issue request for d7? (I'd consider it to be a bug or
must-have feature request.)