WAS: [consulting] Drupal server requirements - Server requirement recommendations for consulting clients

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Thu Apr 6 17:13:11 UTC 2006

On Mar 26, 2006, at 8:18 AM, Clara Hurst wrote:

> but still feel very unease in terms of coming up with a set of
> server capacity requirements, any pointers or suggestions will be
> greatly appreciated.

Ah yes! Another multi-thousand word thread on performance and
scalability with no changes in the handbook :-)

Here's the new page to help consultants make server requirement
recommendations: http://drupal.org/node/57600

Thanks to John for his efforts in keeping things real and testing out
some of the performance tools.  Thanks to Chris for testing as well.
Khalid please keep pushing your patch to remove engine types from
Drupal's database.mysql.

We updated the Devel module to measure memory usage for modules:
http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/modules/devel/
devel.module?r1=1.66&r2=1.67
We have updated our MySQL tuning snippet to include InnoDB memory
usage as well: http://drupal.org/node/50291

We are still looking for folks to help pay for our File Caching patch
for 4.6, 4.7, and support it's inclusion in 4.8.  We saw 6x
performance improvements for anonymous pages, and combined with a
static page web server it could go even higher.

Cheers,
Kieran