[consulting] Customer Relationship Management software

Harry Slaughter harry at slaughters.com
Wed Apr 12 02:19:51 UTC 2006

I'm starting to see that one of my toughest problems as an independent
consultant is going to be managing client interaction.

I'm already juggling more leads and gigs than I can keep track of. And
I'm not used to handling client interaction directly. Even a crappy
product manager can usually filter out a lot of client noise :)

I've been installing and trying out various FLOSS CRM packages. The ones
that aren't pure junk tend to be too fancy.

So far, I'm leaning towards SugarCRM, though I'm having trouble with it
straight out of the box, and I hate to spend time debugging stuff that's
supposed to be saving me time.

I'm wondering what other folks are using, if anything. If you don't use
CRM, what do you use?

Harry Slaughter <-> harry at slaughters.com
Web Developer
http://devbee.com/