[consulting] Drupal Primer Course

Lists listout at accidentaltechie.org
Wed Apr 12 15:22:57 UTC 2006

"Khalid B" wrote:

> My fear, which may be exaggerated, is that 4.6 would continue to live on for a
> long time due to inertia and customers having investments in 4.6 sites and not
> wanting to go thru the expense and trauma of moving to it.

Er...and the fact that it's the latest stable release of the software...?

(I think this 'on to 4.8!' kind of thinking is shooting ourselves in the
foot to spite our leg.)

4.6.6 is the latest, most stable release of Drupal, and that's _the only
Drupal_ that I recommend live sites use right now.

(Of course, getting anyone to actually reply to help requests for 4.6.6 is
now nearly impossible. ;)

What's the "mad rush" to always be promoting the next 2 versions down the
road, instead of the actual current stable release?  Is this the general
tendency with Drupal?  Is someone actually at the wheel, following a road
map?
--
Gary