[consulting] Whinging

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Wed Apr 12 19:27:44 UTC 2006

On 12 Apr 2006, at 9:11 PM, Lists wrote:
> I'm not sure about whinging, but I'm pretty sure you can't call
> current
> software "old".
No. but in 3 whole months when I plan to present my course, it will
be old.

And I don't intend to write more documentation for the current
current release when
a lot of useful and powerful features are not documented for the soon
to be current
release.

Writing documentation for the 4.7 release, will help both the new
users getting into
Drupal (at the time when 4.7 has been released), and developers who
are upgrading
from 4.6 to 4.7, to allow them to properly understand the new features.

Writing all this documentation for the 4.6 release has the effect of
only providing the support to
people who decide to develop new sites on the previous stable release
of the software,
because for some reason the latest stable release is not good enough
for them.

Doing anything else would be tantamount to Redhat deciding to start
putting together
a training course for redhat 8 two weeks before redhat 9 is supposed
to be released.

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy