[consulting] Customer Relationship Management software

Gregory Heller gregory at civicactions.com
Sun Apr 16 05:51:51 UTC 2006

Dave,

Could you put together a recipe and screen cast of the functionality?

At CivicActions we currently use a wiki, and some offline documents and
a little civicrm, and quickbooks for billing.  with the latest release
of civicrm we are looking to move more of our contact tracking to
civicrm (contacts, notes, prospects, followups).  I am hoping to get a
way to associate drupal nodes with civicrm contacts so that nodes and
documents related to clients can be associated with them.

the billing aspect of things is a whole other animal, we have looked at
a bunch of pm and accounting software FLOSS and otherwise and much of it
is just not exactly what we are looking for (wither not having enough
features, or having way too many).  we used and abandoned dotProject.  I
have in the past used phProjekt and decided that it would not really be
right for us (both can do detailed time tracking though as well as CRM,
and task and issue tracking.  the UIs are kinda lame and clunky).
-gregory

Dave Cohen wrote:
> My apologies if this gets posted twice, the first time I used the wrong from
> address and I don't think it was sent.
>
> On Wednesday 12 April 2006 10:05, Harry Slaughter wrote:
>
>> So far, nobody has mentioned how they're dealing with this problem *today*.
>>

> I've recently started using my drupal-based site for some of these things.  I
> use the category module to classify nodes by client and/or project.  I use
> cac_lite to hide client-specific information from the public.  I use worklog
> to keep track of my hours.  I've put together a simplified issue tracking
> system using these modules and workflow.  And liquid wiki pages for working
> with clients and collaborators on various tasks.
>
> I consider it a bit of an experiment at this point.  It has rough edges, and
> it does not cover every aspect of CRM (not by a longshot).  I use other
> software and/or pen & paper for email, address book, submitting invoices and
> lots of other things.  But so far I'm happy with what drupal's enabled me to
> do with my site.  It's amazing how far the category and workflow modules can
> take you (and we can't forget views).
>
> You can see some of this in action on www.dave-cohen.com.  However most of
>  the content and functionality is visible only to clients and collaborators
>  with privileged accounts.  All the modules I mentioned are available from
>  drupal.org under the "cvs" version (cac_lite is in category's contrib
>  directory).
>
> -Dave

----
Gregory Heller
http://www.CivicActions.com
http://www.GregoryHeller.com
AIM/SKYPE: GregoryHeller

The content of this email message is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License, Some Rights Reserved.

Get Firefox! The Browser you can trust http://www.mozilla.com
Reclaim you inbox with Thunderbird! http://www.mozilla.com