[consulting] Customer Relationship Management software

Dave Cohen drupal at dave-cohen.com
Wed Apr 12 19:11:44 UTC 2006

My apologies if this gets posted twice, the first time I used the wrong from
address and I don't think it was sent.

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 10:05, Harry Slaughter wrote:
> So far, nobody has mentioned how they're dealing with this problem *today*.

I've recently started using my drupal-based site for some of these things.  I
use the category module to classify nodes by client and/or project.  I use
cac_lite to hide client-specific information from the public.  I use worklog
to keep track of my hours.  I've put together a simplified issue tracking
system using these modules and workflow.  And liquid wiki pages for working
with clients and collaborators on various tasks.

I consider it a bit of an experiment at this point.  It has rough edges, and
it does not cover every aspect of CRM (not by a longshot).  I use other
software and/or pen & paper for email, address book, submitting invoices and
lots of other things.  But so far I'm happy with what drupal's enabled me to
do with my site.  It's amazing how far the category and workflow modules can
take you (and we can't forget views).

You can see some of this in action on www.dave-cohen.com.  However most of
 the content and functionality is visible only to clients and collaborators
 with privileged accounts.  All the modules I mentioned are available from
 drupal.org under the "cvs" version (cac_lite is in category's contrib
 directory).

-Dave