[consulting] RE: [CS partners] Seeking experienced PHP developer

Sami Khan sami at etopian.net
Sat Apr 22 02:03:22 UTC 2006

Samantha,

I thought I'd chime in to save Kiran the work of typing this out :) Do you
have a CVS account? The very first thing is to get comfortable with CVS
and then apply for a CVS account with Drupal.org. This requires some sort
of novel idea for a module, well actually it has to be original not
necessarily that novel. Also, hiring a developer who has a CVS account and
is an active contributor, or even one who wishes to be, is a big plus.

A CVS account may be applied for here:
http://drupal.org/cvs-account

In terms of getting more involved, as you know each project has its own
project page which has a Request New Feature link under the Support
section. Requesting a feature there, or better yet posting a patch that
will add a feature to that module will get the module maintainer to
consider the patch, and many times will get that patch committed to the
module which will add your feature to the actual module. This in the long
run will be better for you because many times the module maintainer will
upgrade the module him or herself to the next version saving you from
upgrading your fork of the module.

Hope that helps, anything else, please ask, I am sure someone in this
group has the answer :)

Best Regards,
Sami Khan