[consulting] Reverse Bounty: og2list - mailing list support for Organic Groups

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Thu Apr 27 18:38:43 UTC 2006

On Apr 27, 2006, at 11:32 AM, Neil McEvoy wrote:

>> HOWTO: Integrate mailing lists with forums using listhandler and
>> mailhandler: http://drupal.org/node/40777
>
> And the OG forums module closes the loop in terms of the tie-in
> with OG,
> and should be implemented too?

You could use the og_forum module, but I think you might need some
additional patches.

But what's the point of using OG at that point?  Members of your
organic group won't be the same as the members of your mailing list.
You might as well leave it as an open forum on your Drupal site.

>> Please take notes so we can continue to improve it.  You also might
>> want to check out Allie's Mailing List Manager modules for Qmail and
>> Ezmlm.
>
> Will do, on both counts. Main application is to help foster new
> business collaborations etc., so will provide end-user feedback too.

Let me know if you want me to edit.

> Many thanks,

Cheers,
Kieran