[consulting] OT: Keyboards and RSI

Harry Slaughter harry at slaughters.com
Thu Aug 17 04:50:22 UTC 2006

Mark Fredrickson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've decided to give the pain in my left arm the boot, and I'm in the
> market for a new keyboard anyway, so I thought I would see anyone had
> recommendations for an ergonomic keyboard.

In addition to whatever keyboard and mouse you get, I would **highly**
recommend investing in these:

http://www.ergorest.com/eng/index.htm

shop around, you can find them for around $200 per pair.

once properly set up, they enforce proper arm positioning. and they are
extremely comfortable. i swear by them.

before getting these, i was having trouble due to a habit i have of
leaning my forearms on my desk. after a few weeks of using these,
problem gone.

folks will make all sorts of OB/GYN jokes. but once they try them out,
they usually quit with the jokes :)

Harry Slaughter <-> harry at slaughters.com
Web Developer
http://devbee.com/