[consulting] requirement -> new module development?

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Wed Mar 1 18:03:50 UTC 2006

> I got pretty far implementing this in 4.7 with the event module and
> flexinode.  The pieces of functionality I didn't get quite right were
> the parts about emailing and the part where event requires you to
> enter the start /and/ end time, but in this case the end time is
> predetermined by the start time - all appointments take a half hour.

use form_alter to hide the end time on the form. use validate operation
on nodeapi to set the end time based on the start time.

> There are other features that could be useful, like
> -only showing the customer times that don't conflict with other appointments

signup.module in contrib does this. it has lots of ideas for you.

> -use a "threshhold" to determine if a time is available (for something
> like a spa where they can take 3 massage reservations at a given time)

signup could be extended to do this

> -requiring at least X number of hours advanced notice (e.g. users
> can't schedule an appointment for 5 minutes from the current time)

again, nodeapi('validate') could reject submissions that don't meet this
criteria