[consulting] List Mom Policies

JasonN imjasonn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 05:06:39 UTC 2006

I'm no lawyer
-------------------

Well, I was wrong!

I copied a lawyer (with much experience in federal law) my original
comment to the list, and he responded with a resounding "Your wrong!"

I originally said that you must:

1) Price fix
2) Form an oligopoly.

First, just sharing costs can get you in trouble.

The term of art he used was "market power," which is very different
from what I said.  We, Drupal consultants, could be considered a
market power because we work in a niche field.  Therefor any
discussion of any costs in our industry could constitute a violation
of one of the antitrust acts.

There seems to be very liberally interpreted states' antitrust laws
that may find you in violation if you get on someone's radar.  There's
at least three US federal acts, and a few international issues.

Bottom line is I oversimplified and have been reprimanded for making
such sweeping legal commentary.

That's whack!  Oh well.  I'll never share any of my business costs and
will be slightly more careful about sharing process details publicly.

--

Jason A. Nunnelley