[consulting] DigitalBicycle moderation system ideas

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Fri Mar 17 00:09:58 UTC 2006

 From http://drupal.org/node/54416:

> The DigitalBicycle Project is working to develop a Drupal module
> that would allow site-wide moderation of content in a uniform and
> transparent manner. We define moderation as the process of granting
> or removing access to nodes, rather than of promoting or demoting
> content to positions of attention or obscurity. We are currently
> developing a moderately sized (several thousand user) community hub
> with extensive Groups functionality.
>
> Please make note that the following is not a spec. Rather this is a
> collection of ideas that our developers have come up with and are
> making available in order to elicit feedback from the community. We
> hope that this will help ensure that the development of a
> moderation module benefits more than just the DigitalBicycle. We
> have not yet determined whether development will take place in
> house or be sponsored, but any ideas or support would be greatly
> appreciated.

Do a lot of people on the list work with community moderation issues?
This site (yes, it is Drupal) has some sort of "abuse" module that
looks very interesting: http://www.zimmertwins.com/movie/watch/147517
-- AFAIK, the code isn't available from anywhere yet.

It's almost like multi-variable voting (e.g. flag as spam, flag as
inappropriate, flag for promotion, etc.) tied to actions/workflow.
Hmmmm...that might be a good way to define a complex moderation system.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747 San Francisco 415-367-3595