[consulting] Help with Forrester Corporate Blogging Survey

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Wed Mar 22 05:52:47 UTC 2006

All:

Forrester is doing a survey of "corporate blogging". They want to
include Drupal. Actually, they wanted to include Bryght, but I ended
up saying no because a) we're too busy and b) corporate blogging is
not the right match for what we do out of the box (i.e. we don't have
a corporate blogging install profile...yet).

So, Charlene Li is going to cover Drupal regardless. She wants all
the info and is including it, because other vendors have included
Drupal as a competitor (!!...my guess is Six Apart/MT, or maybe
iUpload). Wordpress and Roller are two other open source communities
that are being included. Not sure how they are coordinating
is doing Roller.

They are OK with running this through a wiki. So I uploaded the
original to our public dev wiki, and Roland took everything in the
Excel file and stuck it in wiki -- http://dev.bryght.com/t/wiki/
ForresterCorpBlogging. If anyone that has some time could go through
and add some info to the questions that pique their interest...that
would be great.

P.S. What is corporate blogging? Good question. I talked about it on
my Bryght blog [1], which is what got me roped into this in the first
place.

There are actually two scenarios that were shared with me. One is a
public multi-user blogging site that. The second is an internal
intranet-style site that does blogging, wikis, competitive
intelligence, file sharing, etc. etc. So keep those two use cases in
mind as you're looking at (answering?) the questions.

If people are motivated to write up descriptions/use cases/module
lists, that would be helpful. I'm also looking for volunteers to help
put together and demo one of each of these scenarios. I think we've
got the fairly simple corporate blogging stuff under control, but
setting up and configuring the mega-intranet is a fair bit of work.
You'll need to demo it for Forrester somewhere around March 29th.
Aren't deadlines fun?

[1] http://bryght.com/blog/boris-mann/what-does-corporate-blogging-mean

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747 San Francisco 415-367-3595