[consulting] State Of The Art

Peter Brownell greenman at the-organization.com
Wed Mar 22 08:35:19 UTC 2006

As 4.7 approaches maturation, I have found this question increasingly on my
mind, "What is the state of the art?" Where is the real thinking taking
place, where are we pushing forward?

I have been working with Drupal for about a year now, professionally for 6
months and I am starting to get my head around it! I've poked into enough
modules, hit enough walls to begin to get the big picture. Now I need to
find out what I have missed.

Where is the major work being done to take Drupal forward ? Where should I
be looking next and where would it be best to lend my efforts ?

Here is a quick list of my first thoughts, but I would be very interested in
seeing what other professionals have to say.

MAJOR DRUPAL THINK AREAS

* CCK
* Installation system
* Node-to-Node relaionships (Ontologies)
* Uniform Media Management
* Interoperable Node Access Systems
* "AJAX"

Cheers