[consulting] State Of The Art

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Wed Mar 22 09:50:46 UTC 2006

On 22-Mar-06, at 12:35 AM, Peter Brownell wrote:

> Where is the major work being done to take Drupal forward ? Where
> should I
> be looking next and where would it be best to lend my efforts ?
>
> Here is a quick list of my first thoughts, but I would be very
> interested in
> seeing what other professionals have to say.
>
> MAJOR DRUPAL THINK AREAS
>
> * CCK
> * Installation system

Including install profiles.

> * Node-to-Node relaionships (Ontologies)
> * Uniform Media Management

Care to expand on this? I rather think media-specific management --
e.g. image module, audio module, video module.

> * Interoperable Node Access Systems
> * "AJAX"

I'll add
* multi-site / cross-site / inter-site functionality
* remote connections/integration (e.g. Asterisk integration, XML-RPC
connections to custom services, etc.)

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747 San Francisco 415-367-3595