[consulting] Help with Forrester Corporate Blogging Survey

Michael Haggerty mhaggerty at trellon.com
Wed Mar 22 09:13:28 UTC 2006

Good news!

Some people on this list might not be familiar with Forrester, but what to
take from this is they provide high-level (read: expensive) reports on the
state of the art in information technology to support decision makers. Many
Fortune 100 companies consult Forrester as a standard practice for risk
management, and the fact they are recognizing Drupal as a relevant platform
is a matter of great consequence.

The idea they are putting this under the perview of 'corporate blogging',
however, concerns me. This categorization could become the predominant
perception of the platform amongst IT decision makers for a long time. The
rest of the content management capabilities could easily be overlooked in
favor of this single dimension.

How do other people feel about this?