[consulting] Help with Forrester Corporate Blogging Survey

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Wed Mar 22 09:48:05 UTC 2006

On 22-Mar-06, at 1:13 AM, Michael Haggerty wrote:

> Some people on this list might not be familiar with Forrester, but
> what to
> take from this is they provide high-level (read: expensive) reports
> on the
> state of the art in information technology to support decision
> makers. Many
> Fortune 100 companies consult Forrester as a standard practice for
> risk
> management, and the fact they are recognizing Drupal as a relevant
> platform
> is a matter of great consequence.

Well, other vendors are, at least. Never mind many high profile sites.

> The idea they are putting this under the perview of 'corporate
> blogging',
> however, concerns me. This categorization could become the predominant
> perception of the platform amongst IT decision makers for a long
> time. The
> rest of the content management capabilities could easily be
> overlooked in
> favor of this single dimension.

This is EXACTLY why I ended up taking Bryght off the list...I have
insisted for years that I hate the word "blog" and that Drupal is a
"beyond blogging" application.

HOWEVER....I'm going to go for the angle that Drupal easily matches
the needs of a basic corporate blogging installation (read: scenario
#1 of multi-user public facing blog, but also with "planet"
aggregator and maybe some industry search feeds aggregated in, too)
but that it will shine in deploying within the enterprise as an
advanced collaboration platform.

Also, we get a chance to stress the extensibility factor in the one
question.

Also, if we don't help fill this out, they try and muddle through it
on their own, and that becomes the perception of the platform...I'm
also going to suggest that we use 4.7 as the basis to answer this.

Cheers,

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747 San Francisco 415-367-3595