[consulting] Drupal Development Tools

Carl Parrish lists at pcl-consulting.com
Thu Mar 23 07:17:34 UTC 2006

Larry Garfield wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 March 2006 20:18, Carl Parrish wrote:
>

>> I'm using Zend Studio. Great syntax highlighting support, Subversion
>> support. PHPDoc support, sftp / ssh and remote and locate debugging, add
>> in Zend Platform and debugging can't get any easier. I'm so looking
>> forward to the next version of Zend Studio though it will be based on
>> Eclipse and so will have all the advantages there (ie. PHPUnit2 etc...).
>>

> I use Zend Studio at work, too, although not for Drupal, and quite like it.
> The only downside is that it's quite pricey, and their licensing terms are
> not to my liking.  (I think the standard price is for a time limited use,
> like a year.  I am not certain, however, as I don't have to pay for it at
> work just use it. <g>)
>
> Where'd you hear about them moving to an Eclipse base, though?  That would be
> very cool if true, because it would mean I could use Eclipse at home (free)
> and still have an experience that's close to what I have at work. :-)
>
> Although I'd still like to see a Qt theme for Eclipse.  Silly IBM and their
> not-quite-GPL Free licenses...

http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/php-ide/   Has some good info on it.
the php-ide project is mostly Zend and IBM, Zend will build the next
version of the Zend Studio on top of PHP-ide , (I'm sure they've
announced this on their site). Yeah found some info on their site
(http://www.zend.com/company/news/announcements/2006/03/mysql_joins_the_eclipse_foundation_and_will_collaborate_with_zend_on_the_eclipse_php_ide_project)