[consulting] Drupal Development Tools

Michael Haggerty mhaggerty at trellon.com
Thu Mar 23 20:41:54 UTC 2006

http://www.scintilla.org/

While I am personally a big fan of Zend, I do the majority of my coding in
Scintilla these days. It has a lot going for it:

- open source
- extensible, integrates with Ant, Flash, etc.
- does code highlighting in almost every language, including obscure ones
(there are more Scintilla language plug ins than there are for Eclipse)
- really, really fast, even on massive files

The big reason I recommend it: you can write your own lexers, which are the
rules by which code highlighting occurs. Great if you want to impose code
standards amongst a development team specific to your own shop.