[consulting] Drupal Development Tools

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Fri Mar 24 05:24:27 UTC 2006

On 3/23/06, Michael Haggerty <mhaggerty at trellon.com> wrote:
> http://www.scintilla.org/
>
> While I am personally a big fan of Zend, I do the majority of my coding in
> Scintilla these days. It has a lot going for it:

Correct me if I am wrong.

Isn't Scintilla just a component for syntax management in other products?
I know  that it  is used in Editors and IDEs.

I don't think it has debugging, repository support, documentation for the
language(s) in  use, ...etc. like IDEs do.

Another point: Zend uses its own  debugging protocol (so we have now
three  of them (DBG for  PHPEd, DBGp for Komodo/xdebug, and Zend).

It is interesting  that Zend is moving to Eclipse, since  PHP Eclipse uses
DBG today...