Performancing (was Re: [consulting] multisite with shared users, but with different roles)

John Sechrest sechrest at jas.peak.org
Sat Mar 25 00:41:18 UTC 2006

Boris Mann <boris at bryght.com> writes:

 % > the scope of performancing metrics.

 % I asked Nick Wilson about this, because I was of course super
 % interested. But, it looks like their ACTUAL performancing metrics is
 % in a completely different app all together, and they certainly don't
 % intend to open source it. I'm still debating whether we should just
 % go ahead and build something similar.

 It is in the best interest of drupal to have as part of the package
 a way to do benchmarking on performance.

 Even if it is just
 while (1) {
 time wget http://www.mysite.edu/mytestpage
 }

 But some standard way to know how fast the site is.
 And then some tool like siege to stress the system.

 Are there any graphs/charts of drupal performance analysis?

                        .           computers and the Internet
                          .            more effectively
                             .
                                 .       Internet: sechrest at peak.org