[consulting] Drupal server requirements

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Sun Mar 26 16:58:30 UTC 2006

Clara Hurst wrote:
> We are writing a proposal for a client site with potential of  100,000
> unique visitors per months.  The registered site users can be ranging
> from a few thousands to 10,000.   However, we expect at any given time
> there might be only up to a couple hundreds active users logged in,  the
> activities that the logged in users will do will mainly be:  posting
> content, private messaging/contacting each others and downloading some
> white papers from the site etc.   We will use Organic Groups module so
> user roles are controlled via OG, we will also have multi-lingual
> support in the near future.
>
> - Intel 3.2 GHz P4 processor
> - 2GB RAM
> - plenty disk space
> - RAID 1 for redundancy

Give it as much memory as you *possibly* can.  Throwing
lots of write queries (like you get in a busy forum)
at MySQL makes baby Jesus cry.

And ferchrissakes don't let Drupal's installer use
MyISAM.  You'll need InnoDB.

John Handelaar

E  john at handelaar.org    T +353 21 427 9033
M  +353 85 748 3790    http://handelaar.org