[consulting] Drupal server requirements

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Sun Mar 26 18:04:40 UTC 2006

On 3/26/06, Clara Hurst <lists at ondemand-network.com> wrote:

> We are writing a proposal for a client site with potential of  100,000
> unique visitors per months.  The registered site users can be ranging
> from a few thousands to 10,000.

<snip>

- Intell 3.2 GHz P4 processor
> - 2GB RAM
> - plenty disk space
> - RAID 1 for redundancy

4GB of RAM is better. Consider a dual processor box. Look at e-accelerator
or another PHP cache.

My personal site actually gets 30 - 40K uniques per month, although that's
mainly viewing and perhaps a couple of comments -- nothing much for
registered users to do. Depending on what you're doing and how much
interactivity there is -- and you've already said you're using OG -- this
will lead to a higher load.

Cheers,

--
Boris Mann